Wednesday, July 2, 2014

7/2

Today was a new day for me. I am so used to the same routine, the same people. I decided that I needed to do something for me that would be fun and productive. I just recently started to go with some of my friends to play pick up games of Ultimate Frisbee with students from MSU. The reason that I find Ultimate Frisbee fun is because I played a lot of soccer in high school and gained a massive stamina from that. I can keep up with everyone else, and I just started not too long ago. Ultimate Frisbee is a lot like soccer in many different ways. In both you do not watch the disk/ ball, you look at the throwers/ kickers eyes to determine where they are going to play it off to. Over the years, I have gotten pretty good at seeing where the person throwing/ kicking the object. It is the same in real life; you have to understand where a person is coming from before you can see where they are going to go. 

Sports have had a big influence in my life, and from them I get to meet a lot of different, interesting people. Everyone that I have met through the sports that I have played have all tried their hardest, and they had a strong will to win. They lay everything on the line for those 90 + minutes, and they give their all to win. Then after the game whether they win or lose, they act like good sports. There is the occasional player who gets super mad when they lose, but they eventually get over it. Sports have always played a huge part in who I am, because I pretty much taught myself that I can accomplish anything if I devote time to learning how to do it over and over. This can be said through everything in my life, such as school work or through trying to learn about an interesting new computer part. I will try to make my brain learn it because I know that if I go without learning something when I had the chance to I would really regret it. This is how sports have influenced my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment