Thursday, July 17, 2014

Prewriting

Brainstorming- Places in my life
Taco Bell, Table Rock Lake, Arkansas, Oak Grove, Ci Ci's Pizza, Rolla MO, Springfield MO, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Central High School, Alaska, and Sigma Chi.

I can smell Jackie cooking breakfast in the morning. The eggs and bacon sizzling on the grill top, and the golden brown hash-browns are making this wonderful smell. There then comes a fresh scent of cut grass, because our window is usually open. These are the smells that I usually smell when I first wake up in the morning in my bed in the Sigma Chi house.
In the morning there are always a lot of different random noises that wake me up. A car will drive past our window at three o'clock in the morning and wake me up, or my roommate Grant will be snoring extremely loudly. Or someone will be taking a shower at six in the morning before their run, and that will wake me up and I will not be able to sleep.
I see all my friends, everyone will be around the house in the morning but as classes begin to start, nobody is to be found. There will always be our flag pole outside flying the US flag and the Sigma Chi flag. I see the pledges putting them up at 8 in the morning. I go downstairs and outside on the fratio, and I see our letters and the wreckage that previous night.
I feel the soft comforter on top of me. I lift my arm up and I hit the ceiling, and then I start to slowly wake up. I pick up my cellphone and check the time, its only seven, "Well, I have three more hours of sleep until I have to get up," thinking to myself. I then slowly drift back to sleep and back to my wonderful dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment