Tuesday, July 1, 2014

7/1

Today is the first day of July. I had my second Calculus III test today, and I thought that I did very well. I am also starting my This I believe essay, which is going better then expected. This is the longest essay that we have had to write in this class by far. I am definitely going to use the techniques that I have been learning about, such as writing a bad first draft, and then going from there and making the paper something that will blossom greatly. The other techniques that I have learned about are freewriting which is what I am doing with these blogs. I am giving myself about 10 minutes to write these and I am getting about three hundred words every time.
I am thoroughly enjoying this class because it is making seem like writing is fun and not just busy work. I can get what I want to get on the page and then it is out of my mind, it is pretty much just jotting down my thoughts onto the paper. Writing is not much harder then thinking and when I do not think of writing as writing, and I just think about it as thinking, it makes it much easier to write. I enjoy thinking and I spend a lot of my day just closing my eyes and thinking about the problems that I have to deal with and I come up with some great answers to my problems. I think that to be able to think through my problems is a great thing to have. I believe that without thinking you can get nothing done, because even to be spontaneous you have to think about time- management.
This class has been very fun, but I also like that there is only a few weeks left of school because I can finally get back to Rolla and see all of my friends. This summer has been extremely busy for me as well, but I am having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment