Sunday, July 6, 2014

7/6

       Today I got to read my writing group's essays and I have to say that I was also impressed with everyone's writing. All of the essays had something unique about them, their own voice so to say. Each essay was well written, and each one was thought provoking and relatable in some way. During this assignment, I learned many things about my own voice and how I can improve on it and make it more defined. I liked this assignment because it was easy for me to write, because I can talk about myself all day.   Throughout writing this paper, I found myself enjoying writing this essay, which has been the first time in a long time.
      One of the assignments that we had to do focused on a course called Writer's Workshop which allowed me to learn about many new writing techniques. I did not get to use them in my first draft of this essay, but I will use them in any writing that I do. I liked that assignment because it showed me how much more there is to writing then putting your thoughts on paper, that you have to write it to where other people can enjoy reading it. I thought that this course would be tedious but later found myself rereading passages just to understand them that much better. I am hoping that the rest of the month will be filled with assignments like these, and that I will continue to become a better writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment